Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hopes

My friend Saucy is going to a new hospital to have them deal with her cancer analysis / treatment. Going to a new place is scary, as if the cancer itself isn't scary enough. I admire her for being as strong as she is in the face of it all, even though I remember my mom saying to me, "What else am I going to be? All I can be is me. Sometimes I'm a wreck, others I'm numb to it all. All I can be is me."

I am worried about Saucy. I love her. See,..... she's my bestest friend & has been the most awesome lunch buddy EVER. I worked with her for the past 5 years and now I have a new job. I don't get to see her or eat with her every day like I used to. And that concerns me. I don't WANT a new lunch buddy. I want my Saucy back. I wish I didn't have to move on with the job scene. But I did. :/ And while I'm happy I found a permanent job that pays more, I still miss my Saucy.

But right now (well,.. in the morning after I write this) she'll be on her way to the new hospital. I know her husband is going with her, but I wish I were going with her; to comfort her and let her know it'll be alright, to hold her hand sitting there in the doctor's office, to simply, BE there for her. Is that so wrong, to want to be with your best friend in times like that? I sure hope not. And if it is, I don't care. I want her to know I'm here for her. In any capacity I can be.

Good luck Saucy! You're in my thoughts hon! **hugs** I hope everything turns out well at the new place. Please text me to let me know how you're doing. And don't even hesitate a second to call if you need anything, even if its just to hear a friendly voice. :-)

No comments: