Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful

This year I'm staying home instead of making the annual trip to my dad's ranch. I know its selfish, but between a massive amount of paperwork, feeling sick, having trouble with my gallbladder (apparently), and a few more reasons, I just won't be making the drive. Yes, I know Grandma's getting "up there" and yes, I know this would be the first time I've seen Laura, my cousin via Uncle Jim since I was about 10. But I'm tired, stressed, feeling ill, and holy shit, have you seen the gas prices lately? So I'll stay home this year, get a lot of work done this weekend, and finish putting up things in the dining room. I might even break out a few Christmas decorations. We'll see how that goes.



And this week is Thanksgiving. I'm certainly thankful for a lot of things in life. So here's my list of things for which I'm grateful (and yes, I stole the idea of including some not-so-serious things, from a close friend). I am thankful for;


My family
My friends
Reese's Banana Creme Cups (Elvis Edition)
Cinnamon Toast candles
fall days
changing leaves
nice weather
neckties
Chik-fil-A
Zaxby's
grass (not THAT kind)
Comfy bedding
Verizon cell phones
text messaging
photo messaging
dog cuddles
sunshine
rain
my home
pumpkin bread
blogspot
email
World of Warcraft
Irish Spring soap
afternoon naps
looking people in the eye
long showers
a sturdy desk
Plasma HDTV
smiles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good list. Sounds like you have lots to be thankful for. Hope you get a chance to Griswold up your house.