Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Too long or not long enough?

I've finally done it. At the request of you-know-who, I've broken down and gotten tv service. Saturday of this week Direct TV will be installing a dish and starting service.

Of course, one requirement for me giving in to this was the purchase of a new television and the HD service package. I'm the proud new owner of a 50" plasma 720p HDTV.

Obviously this is all part of my master plan so that I'll be left alone more often and I can then focus on playing WoW without distraction. (j/k sorta) AND... very importantly,.... the new tv has a PC input so when the house is quieted at night by the sleep fairy, I can plug in my laptop and game on a 50" monitor -- that is, IF I can get it to work alright and have decent enough resolution where the items on my screen won't be too crowded.

The television gets delivered today. I might have to purchase a new dvd player and a tuner and speakers, depending on whether or not this new modernized beast can connect to my old ones or not. Nothing I have so far has optical output. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery as to what to be sure I get / do? I want the best picture quality and sound. I've already spent a fortune on the tv. I might as well spend a bit more to be sure I utilize it well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice setup. Be careful not to let this new toy distract you from what is really important -- WoW.