Thursday, May 10, 2007

Spring cleaning

Who am I to break the tradition of posting a "spring cleaning" message?!? I could break the tradition, especially since I like breaking traditions. I'm a rebel like that. But today I think I'll conform. Don't expect the same tomorrow though! Mwahaha!



Anyway,... it is spring. And although the temperature has already hit the mid 80's a few times, it feels like spring with the flowers blooming and the pollen in the air. *takes a deep breath*


Yesterday the stump-grinding guy came out and finished off the stumps that were hidden previously by the 4+ inches of debris left by the former forest in my backyard. I worked in the yard quite a bit yesterday hand-cutting smaller stumps and roots out with an axe. Despite the blisters on my hands and the soreness in my back and shoulders, I feel good about the yard. It is starting to shape up. In a few weeks it will be the perfect time for planting grass seed. (Centipede is planted usually later in spring or early summer.) I've gotten price quotes from landscapers to do that for me, along with a final grading and fertilization / aeration plan.

For now I just have to maintain the place by taking care of my front and side yards. Prior to spreading seed, the landscaping company is going to grade off the backyard. I am getting excited to watch grass grow. Is that weird? Yeah, yeah, bite me. I know I'm weird already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a good day's work in the yard. Gives you a great excuse to sit on the patio and drink beer.