Tuesday, October 17, 2006

So anyway...

I wound up not getting the green comforter set after all. I got a red one.

Last year my dad and mom gave me money to buy a new bed. I'd just bought a house and I used the money for other stuff,... like part of the closing costs etc. Understandable, right? Right. Friday my cousin Kristina got married. This meant that Thursday, my dad, mom, and grandma (Dot Dot) came up from central Florida to spend the night prior to going over Friday for the wedding. I had a queen bed in the Master bedroom and a full bed in one of the guest bedrooms. See the problem?

So last week I ordered a new bed. $1200 of goodness, which my back is still getting accustomed to, but that's a different story. It arrived Thursday. Yes, the same day as my company arrived. I moved the existing queen into the third room and the new queen off my truck into my room by myself, trying to rush and set them up, make the beds, and have everything ready for their arrival. I heard them pulling in as I was putting the sheets on the last bed.

I'm not sure if my back hurt more from moving the beds alone (that new queen is pretty dang heavy - its one with a box-top so its 15" thick) or if my back hurt from adjusting to the new bed. The new one is quite different than the old one.

In either case, at least now I have plenty of bed-space for guests. Want to come visit? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

having more company than bedspace really sucks. i can't wait until my herd of inlaws all decide to visit at once (there is a law that my sis in law and her family have to come at once. that way they don't have to meet any new people and can always get the big table at crackerbarrel when they eat). in the new place there's gonna be some butts on the floor.
unless of course i can send them over to your place........

Raene said...

yeah, I'll come visit :)