Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Phone mix-up

I hate incompetence.

My phone had some problems the last few days. I couldn't send text messages. It told me I had voice mail when I did not. I took it to Cingular and explained the situation. They tried several things and wound up putting in a new "cim card" (sp?). After 45 minutes of my time, supposedly that fixed the problem. To be safe I asked the lady to send me a text message and I'd reply with one to be certain it was working. She sent one from her phone to mine and since she had my phone in her hand she replied to her own phone with mine. She said, "Its working fine now. And nothing is different than before."

Except my phone number, you stupid bitch.

How the hell could she not notice that my phone number was different when SHE had to type it in to send me a text message?!? How could she fail to mention my number had changed?!? The answer? Incompetence! Good God, woman, go rent a fucking brain cell.

Last night I received many phone calls for some other person. Apparently the idiot had put in a cim card that was already registered to someone else and didn't notice. Additionally, I probably missed several important phone calls I was expecting last night. I should have called Japan for a few hours and told all his friends that called in the middle of the night to fuck off, but I didn't.

Today I went in to Cingular again and the lady there knew what she was doing - unlike the moronic twit from last night. So now I'm back up and running - hopefully. Yay. I do think I lost some messages though, so if you called and left one last night and I didn't respond, now you know why.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back. i too do not like incompetence but if it weren't for twits who couldn't learn anything or who can screw up an anvil with a rubber hammer, i would be out of a job......

Veloche said...

True, this offers us job security! ;)