Monday, May 01, 2006

Boycott This!

Any business that I see closed today in response to the immigrant boycott, I will boycott for the period of one year. This already includes one of my favorite restaurants which I ate at last night and they told me that today theyd be closed.Illegal immigrants are criminals. They circumvent a procedure that is already in place. They cut ahead of law abiding applicants in line.

They get no support from me.

If they love this country so much, if they want to be here so badly, they should respect our laws and the people who are waiting patiently to enter this country legally. There are a lot of people in the legal line waiting to get in. They should be first. Thats why there is a green card lottery and a whole set of immigration legislation! If you break the law, you should be put in jail and then deported.

I have no problem with immigrants. Some of my best friends are immigrants. America was founded with immigration. My wife is an immigrant, a LEGAL one before I even met her. I have a problem with ILLEGAL immigrants. Legal immigrants go through the proper channels to be here, illegal immigrants do NOT and THAT is the difference.

As such, I am boycotting all closed businesses for one year. I also plan on eating out for every meal today and am purchasing some items today. So, illegal immigrants aren't showing up for work? They wont profit from todays sales? Good. They can suffer for their crime.

A world without illegal immigrants is fine. They'll see the only difference they make is a negative one. If they want to make a real difference, then they can go back to their countries of birth. Let America's economy adjust and prosper without them and let the Federal Government allow in people that are willing to go through the proper channels to GET to the land of the free, NOT those who get here on a free ride. They should APPLY to come and work and live here. THEN they will have my full respect and support.

And for those who say that this isn't about illegal immigrants but immigrants in general. I call bullshit. Did you even read my distinction above? Besides, a march, a protest, a boycott was never even thought of until Congress discussed introducing a bill to make illegal immigrants a felony charge. They should make it a felony. These people should not be rewarded for illegally getting here!

Thanks to ODB for the idea of posting on this. ;)
Peace, my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, now tell me how you really feel?