Thursday, February 16, 2006

Going well

Things have been going well for me lately *knock on wood*.

Classes are moving along. I changed some policies this semester and I'm really liking the changes, especially since it is reducing my stress and my workload too! :) The only thing going wrong of late is that my laptop is acting weird. All of a sudden I can't do hardly anything on it without it locking up on me. I think it is time to call in the pros and ask them to defrag / reformat / whatever it takes to solve the problem. (And this time I'll ask them to PLEASE leave off all the junk software that they think I need. The hard drive is full!)

The house still needs a lot of things done to it / around it, but oh well,.. I'll get to them one by one. All in all, I am very happy with my new home. If you feel energetic you're welcome to come cut down some of the trees in my backyard. I love trees, but I prefer to reduce the amount of pines and I'll keep the others.

Today is a very pretty day - sun shining, light breeze, blue sky,... I took off a little bit early and just drove around during the daylight before coming home. :)

Today I'm in a great mood.
I am optimistic that it will continue.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes--that wonderful, teasing spring weather before the crap weather settled upon us. :P Damn the Atlanta climate! Bah.

My first comment to your blog! Woo-hoo! :)

(hugs)

Veloche said...

wooo! you stopped by! :) Thanks! And yeah,.. what crappy weather we've had since, huh? UGH! Kinda makes ya wanna curl up, doesn't it? ;)

Anonymous said...

Yep, I spent yesterday curled up with a book. I'll be happy when spring gets here!

Yes, I check every couple of days to see if you've posted. I mostly post to my LJ with you in mind, lately. hehehe

Veloche said...

lol, well go post and explain the human trumpet thing!!

Anonymous said...

(giggles) I was at a Kroger and saw a car in the parking lot with signs on the doors: The phrase "Human Trumpet" was under the person's name and number. I told my editor (also named Chris) about it, and he said, "I don't want to know--and if you ever find out, DON'T TELL ME!" hehehehe

Veloche said...

Haha, thanks for the explanation! :) Finally, I understand. Sorta....

I wonder if the person can make a trumpet sound through his/her nose, and if that said sound is the purpose of the marketing. Can you imagine hiring some guy (or gal) to come play nose trumpet at a party?

I'm not sure who would/should be more mortified - the host or the guests.