Sunday, November 27, 2005

Thanksgiving Holiday & The Future

Thanksgiving break offered a welcomed relaxation. My Dad and Mom (Lynn) and Grandma (My Dad's mom) - I call her Dot Dot, all came up from Florida and visited for a few days. Then all of us went to Western Tennessee to see Aunt Kathleen & Uncle Andy's new log cabin home that they're building near the TN river. It was a nice trip. As you can see, we even found time to drive down to Shiloh battlegrounds and take some pictures at the McDowell monument.

So this year, what do I have to give thanks to?
First and foremost,.. I have to give thanks that I had many years of closeness with mother. She was an amazing woman and she will always continue to be in my thoughts and memories. Believe me, she is a portion of my conscience and when I need her, she is still in my mind, offering me advice and guiding me.

Next, I have to be thankful I have the rest of my family and friends, as they too guide me and shape me. Having my health is also a thing for which to be thankful. I know I'm not in the greatest shape in the world, but I am somewhat healthy with no major problems (not that I know of anyway).

What's on the horizon for me? A new house perhaps,.. as I signed a contract to buy the ranch style house you see on this page below. Closing is supposed to be December 19th. We shall see. There was a plumbing issue that now may or may not need to be resolved and they're adding a few items such as a tile backsplash in the kitchen, etc. I'll take interior pictures sometime soon and post them. Other than a house,.. what's on the horizon?

I'm teaching two new classes next semester; Play & Technology,.. and Public Speaking for Health Occupation Majors. I also am tossing around the idea of writing a textbook / companion guide,... as if I didn't have enough to do, right? We shall see. I guess it all depends on how addicted I stay to World of Warcraft or some other game. ;)

1 comment:

Raene said...

I'm glad you had a great break :) I did too, and just posted a lil of it at my blog.