Wednesday, January 19, 2005

New Year Update - January

So far this New Year has been going fairly well. Here are some notable events:
  • Marc Smith came over from Atlanta to see where we live. /wave Marcus
  • School started back and the University changed its name from the "State University of West Georgia" to simply, "University of West Georgia."
  • If the University rehires me for next year then I have my courses approved. I'll be teaching a class of "Play & Technology" in the fall of 2005. Exciting!
  • We still are having problems with our internet but at least we have some access.
  • We went down to visit my brother Ken and his wife Sherry over the MLK holiday weekend. It was a great trip and they have a beautiful home! We had FUN! The guys went shooting (yay for blowing up water-filled jugs at 300 yards!) and the women went shopping. We played Taboo!, ate low-country boil (YUM!) and Ken gave me a trombone! Thanks little brother! =) I love you and miss you already! It was SO great to see them!
  • Regarding that "shopping" trip... can you believe I gave Nattsu money to spend at the outlet mall and she didn't spend but 10% of the money?!? Damn, a woman who won't spend her cash on clothes?!? What's up with that? I guess I'll have to take her to a mall in Atlanta now... maybe the Mall of Georgia will change her mind. ;)
  • While returning from the trip to South Georgia (Ken & Sherry's house) we stopped in Swainsboro and met Chang's parents and saw their restaurant. VERY nice place, both business and home - and wonderfully nice parents. No wonder Chang's such a well-adjusted guy. Hehe - It was good to see ya pal, thanks for meeting up with us! Now learn how to make those two dishes!!! I want some! Mmmmm!!!
  • My classes are going well. So far I can tell I have a few slackers and a few really motivated people. Overall they seem to be a fun bunch of students. We'll see how they do as the semester progresses. Good Luck!

That's about it so far this year. I hope it gets even better. Stay tuned blog fans. :)