Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Catch-up

Okay, time to play catch-up. Wow, have things been busy around my house! Nattsu's parents have been visiting us for 3 months. They left this last weekend, and wow were those three months busy. It started out with taking Yasuaki (her dad) to the Master's tournament practice rounds. Then there were all sorts of events / things to do with them, & places to go.

One big thing we did together, was work on my yard. Thanks to them and thanks to them motivating me (lol) we got a lot accomplished.

My dad even came to visit along with Mom (Lynn) and Grandma (Dot Dot). We definitely had a house full but it was a great time.

Yep, that's my dad in the blue shirt. Do you see any resemblance? And that's Dot Dot in the white sweater. She's AWEsome! I love my grandma! She loves to dance too.

We also had some big storms come through. Here's my dogwood that snapped in half. I also had a maple tree snap in half and go over my neighbor's fence. Ugh. And my roof still isn't fixed from the hail, but at least the siding is, which is where the water was coming in.

And the modifications don't stop with the backyard. Did I tell you already I had to rent a jackhammer to dig a front garden along my entrance walkway? The form had broken where they made the walkway and just covered up all the concrete (varying from 2 to 10" thick) with about an INCH of dirt. Since plants require more than an inch of dirt for their roots, here I am jackhammering my way through the concrete to make a garden.

Yasuaki also formed a special relationship with my dog. He would walk him every day and they'd even wash his feet off when he came in from his morning excursion,.... with warm water! Needless to say, my dog formed a bond with him right away.


Isn't that precious?!? Speaking of precious,... my brother, sister-in-law, and their new baby came to visit us on their way home from sis's parents house in Alabama. It was the first time I've seen my new niece. She's adorable!!!
Also lately, we've been having some amazing sunsets. We always do this time of year in Georgia. I love the colors in the sky. My mom used to call this one sky-blue-pink. That will forever be the name of the color, mom. :) We also had a special chef come and prepare some traditional, Japanese cuisine for a bunch of guests. The food looks pretty interesting, doesn't it? We even took them (Yasuaki & Katsuko) to Stone Mountain Park. We had a blast.
I especially enjoyed the top of the mountain. Its so serene, so peaceful, tranquil. I loved listening to the wind blow up there, and the feeling of the fresh crisp air.
The fireworks show is always great too. They were impressed with how patriotic it was. They said they had a terrific time in the U.S. and I'm glad they made the trip over. They'll be missed now that they've gone back to Japan.

Well, I know that left out a LOT of stuff,.. but I think this was a pretty good summary of the past three months. I know they were busy, but they sure were exciting. Now things are starting to get back to normal, although a few things have changed. I'm determined to lose some weight after seeing myself in these photos! lol - I started an exercise program this week and already my muscles are sore. But I'm going to keep it up. I'll have to post my progress here for you.

Have a terrific day and I'll see you again soon. Thanks for visiting! :)


3 comments:

Raene said...

Thanks for the update and ALL the pics Chris!! Great to see what you've been doing.

Anonymous said...

Good update.
I know that it was hectic but seems like a good time was had by all. Hope that they get to come back again. Or better yet, you could visit them. I've seen GA pictures but none of Japan.

Veloche said...

There's some in the archives of Japan. ;)

Thanks to you both for visiting! =D