Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Framing the situation


The word on the truck is that they're replacing the FRAME. The frame was bent and so you heard me right, they're replacing the FRAME. They're lifting the entire truck up off the old one and putting it on the newER one. Apparently there was an F-150 in a wreck that damaged the rest of the truck so badly it was totalled but didn't bend the frame. How the hell does that happen?! That makes me REALLY suspicious.

I told the shop owner to give the frame a good twice over before even thinking about putting it in my truck. Also, I am having them call me when it comes in so I can go look at it too. It kinda pisses me off they wouldn't use a new frame since my truck is fairly new (2004). The claims adjuster says it is a common practice. Even if its common, I've never heard of it before. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FRAME??
Big Bummer. If I were you, I would plan on driving this truck for a long time. Don't want to be a Debbie Downer but just think what it is going to look like on carfax.
Sorry man.......