Friday, July 14, 2006

Photos of Japan!

Here it is! An album of some of my photos of Japan! I hope you enjoy the photos. I sure had a blast over there. :) I took over 100 shots, but just selected some of my favorites to put up on the net. Click HERE to take a look!

The 3 places with long names were temples we saw in Kyoto. Beautiful!

Sanjusangendo - I couldn't take a picture inside but this is the place with 1001 Buddha statues. Incredible!

Kiyomizudera - Awesome temple with a big Buddha, protector statues to ward off evil spirits, and a bell to ring in reverence of the dead. I lit a candle for mom.

Ginkakuji - Amazing nature and some incredible architecture! Also, this place has some "VIP moss" as they call it, that holds a lot of the soil together and provides nutrients. This place also had an amazing view since it was up high. You can see Kyoto Tower in the distance from the upper path.


The inside restaurant shot includes our friend Mie and her boyfriend Yashka in a place we ate at in Osaka. The neon sign place was one of the streets I took a photo of outside the Osaka restaurant. Too bad I think I deleted the night-time shot of a better one. Oh well.


The Udon shop is in the train station where Mamotaro's statue is located. See the write-up on Mamotaro in my previous post for an explanation.


The man and woman outside the family style restaurant in front of the bonsai tree are Nattsu's parents. They're awesome!


Oh, and the shot of the mountains out the plane window is over Alaska near Mt. McKinley.


All in all, I had an awesome time! From eating raw sea snail and vinegar cooked octopus, to realizing how enormous their major cities are, I was blown away. I hope to go back. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's up Chris? This is Tsukasa. How are you guys doing? I've been trying to get a hold of you guys. I guess Nattsu's old email address is invalid, so I haven't been keeping in touch. Luckily I found you here. I'm glad you got to visit Japan. You even got to see Mie. Wow! I'm still in Okinawa. I was back in GA for ten days in Feb. Had I known how to contact you I would have done so. I'll be going to visit Tokyo, Yamanashi, and Tochigi in May. Anyway, tell Nattsu I said hi and that my email address is canon1776@yahoo.com. TTYL!

Veloche said...

Ooh, cool! Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I just got your e-mail. :) I'll tell Nattsu you said hello! :)