Monday, March 14, 2005

Ya know,... re: students

Ya know, even though oftentimes the students who are late with their work make my life a living hell, the job still balances out on the happiness scale.

I am extremely happy teaching. I often have students who call me, write letters, e-mail me, or who just drop by that tell me how much my class has helped or changed them for the better.

Those statements, those thoughts, and the fact they bothered to express them to me, mean a WORLD. Sometimes people aren't happy at their jobs. There's a big difference in not being happy WITH one's job and not being happy AT one's job. Everyone has days where they hate work. Lucky people are the ones who enjoy their jobs even though they have an occasional unhappy day. I'm lucky. :)

Thank you to my former students that remind me from time to time what rewards teaching brings. And on that note, I'm writing e-mails to my former professors thanking them for all they've done. Let the cycle continue!